Sunday, April 7, 2013

Telling the McLean County Circuit Clerk of your New Address

Written notice of address changes and name changes must be provided to the McLean County Circuit Clerk whenever there is a change for either the payor or the recipient. A change of address through the Post Office does not change the address on file with the Circuit Clerk and will only reroute the check temporarily. Please be sure to include your date of birth if you are making the change by mail. A Name/Address change form is available in the Circuit Clerk's office or online at the link at the bottom of this page. 

It is CRITICAL that address changes be promptly reported if payments are issued from the State Disbursement Unit (SDU). Only the Circuit Clerk's office can report this change electronically to the SDU. 

If you are concerned about a late payment and your payment comes from the SDU, you may contact them at1-877-225-7077. We suggest you contact the Clerk's office BEFORE contacting the SDU. The McLean County Circuit Clerk can frequently assist you in a more efficient manner and are certainly willing to help you solve any problems you might be experiencing. Please understand that they do not play a managing role in the operation of the SDU. A written affidavit is required by the SDU to stop payment on SDU checks. 

Jon D. McLaughlin
(309) 319-6206 

No comments:

Post a Comment